Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eugene <eu...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/25 13:33:15 UTC

[users@httpd] missing $DESTDIR in HTTPD 2.2.17

Hello,

I usual make packages of HTTPD by myself for my Solaris 10 systems.
After successful compilation I do "DESTDIR=$TMPDIR gmake install" and
then make a package from the temporary dir.

In HTTPD 2.2.17 DESTDIR doesn't work throwing following error:

$ DESTDIR=$TMPDIR gmake install
...bunch lines skipped...
gmake[3]: Entering directory `/SOURCESDIR/httpd-2.2.17/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat'
/bin/bash ./conftools/mkinstalldirs /PREFIXDIR/lib /PREFIXDIR/include
mkdir /PREFIXDIR/include
mkdir: Failed to make directory "/PREFIXDIR/include"; Permission denied
gmake[3]: *** [installlib] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/SOURCESDIR/httpd-2.2.17/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat'
gmake[2]: *** [install] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/SOURCESDIR/httpd-2.2.17/srclib/apr-util'
gmake[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/SOURCESDIR/httpd-2.2.17/srclib'
gmake: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

PREFIXDIR is the value of "--prefix" key of configure. PREFIXDIR is a
directory where unprivileged user can't write.

My investigation pointed that srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/Makefile.in of HTTPD 2.2.17
doesn't have DESTDIR in places where DESTDIR present in
srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/Makefile.in of HTTPD 2.2.16.

Is that a bug or feature?

If that matter, I use Sun Studio 12 and Solaris 10 environment to build
HTTPD.

Re: [users@httpd] missing $DESTDIR in HTTPD 2.2.17

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 25.10.2010 13:52, Eric Covener wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Eugene<eu...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I usual make packages of HTTPD by myself for my Solaris 10 systems.
>> After successful compilation I do "DESTDIR=$TMPDIR gmake install" and
>> then make a package from the temporary dir.
>
> This is missing from the apr-util bundled with httpd, but has been
> fixed in upstream apr-util.  This was an oversight when rebasing the
> bundled expat on the upstream expat build, bu it was fixed after that
> release of APR.

I guess this

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr-util/branches/1.5.x/xml/expat/Makefile.in?r1=1002622&r2=1006134&diff_format=h

is the change that Eric refers to.