Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rajkumar S <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/12 09:29:19 UTC

Authenticated SMTP and RBLs

Hi,

I manage 2 smtp servers, one for outgoing and uses smtp
authentication. Other incoming and scans mail using SA. Our users some
times send mails from dialup ips which are black listed, but the mails
always come via our authenticated smtp server.

Now when one of the customers send a mail to our incoming server from
a blacklisted ip, via authenticated smtp, it gets rejected by SA,
because of black listed. SA logs show

RCVD_IN_DSBL,RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL,RCVD_IN_
NJABL_PROXY,RCVD_IN_PBL,RCVD_IN_SBL,RCVD_IN_XBL
scantime=3.4,size=1687,user=simscan,uid=510,required
_score=6.5,rhost=localhost.localdomain,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=34074,mid=<46E78F5A.6040506@linuxense.c
om>,autolearn=disabled

The first Received:  line in the offending mails show

from unknown (HELO [220.226.6.139]) (me@mydomain.com@[220.226.6.139])
(envelope-sender <me...@mydomain.com>) by myserver.com (qmail-ldap-1.03)
with AES256-SHA encrypted SMTP for <yo...@yourdomain.com>; 12 Sep 2007
07:04:37 -0000

My question is how can our dialup users send mails when they are from
a blacklisted IPs.

raj

Re: Authenticated SMTP and RBLs

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Rajkumar S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I manage 2 smtp servers, one for outgoing and uses smtp
> authentication. Other incoming and scans mail using SA. Our users some
> times send mails from dialup ips which are black listed, but the mails
> always come via our authenticated smtp server.
>
> Now when one of the customers send a mail to our incoming server from
> a blacklisted ip, via authenticated smtp, it gets rejected by SA,
> because of black listed. SA logs show

If you're using SA 3.2.0 or later add the MSA server IP to msa_networks
(and be sure to configure trusted_networks accordingly).

Daryl