Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Nutter, Ronald" <Nu...@bv.com> on 2014/11/12 17:50:08 UTC

Question about Windows Auth howto

I am looking at implementing AD authentication for Tomcat.  Being new to Tomcat, I am trying to check the information before setting this up.
The how to shows one part being done on the AD Domain controller and the other being done on the tomcat server.  This seems to infer that I would also need to install tomcat on the domain controller to perform the needed steps on the DC.  I would prefer not to do that unless there is no other choice.  Since the server that tomcat is running on is a member server in the domain, can I do the steps in the howto on the tomcat member server instead ?

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html

I have been looking for other information on this but havent had a lot of luck.  I have this working with secure ldap but have been told to go with native AD instead.

Ron

RE: Question about Windows Auth howto

Posted by "Nutter, Ronald" <Nu...@bv.com>.
On 12/11/2014 18:26, Nutter, Ronald wrote:
> [...]

Again, where does it say you need to install Tomcat on the domain
controller?

Mark

I had not seen these commands before so I got the impression that they were something that was installed as a part of Tomcat.
Will proceed without that impression and see what happens.

Ron

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Nutter, Ronald" <Nu...@bv.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.