Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org> on 2016/09/28 15:25:01 UTC

[IP CLEARANCE] Aether, renamed to Maven Artifact Resolver

Apache Maven received a code donation for Aether, that we renamed to Maven
Artifact Resolver to fix a trademark issue:

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/maven-aether.html

The import plan is more detailed at http://maven.apache.org/aether.html

Please vote to approve this contribution. Lazy consensus applies. If no -1
votes are cast within the next 72 hours, the vote passes.

Regards,

Hervé

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Aether, renamed to Maven Artifact Resolver

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
honestly, there is not plan for Sisu currently: Sisu is less Maven centric
(even if I don't have clear view of how it is used outside Maven , but an IoC
component is quite generic)

but for sure, never say never

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
+1

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Olivier Lamy

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Aether, renamed to Maven Artifact Resolver

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me as maven PMC member and as one of the contributors to the code
base (all 7 commits worth iirc ;-) )

--
Sent from my phone

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Aether, renamed to Maven Artifact Resolver

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

On 09/28/2016 05:25 PM, Herv Boutemy wrote:
> Apache Maven received a code donation for Aether, that we renamed to Maven
> Artifact Resolver to fix a trademark issue:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/maven-aether.html
>
> The import plan is more detailed at http://maven.apache.org/aether.html
>
> Please vote to approve this contribution. Lazy consensus applies. If no -1
> votes are cast within the next 72 hours, the vote passes.
>
> Regards,
>
> Herv

Jean-Baptiste Onofr
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Aether, renamed to Maven Artifact Resolver

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> it's about dependencies https://github.com/eclipse/aether-ant/blob/master/src/main/resources/about.html
> not about source code
>
> not an issue

Fine by me - tanks for explaining. +1

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Aether, renamed to Maven Artifact Resolver

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
ok, got it:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> AFAIK, the incoming ant repo is covered by the Sonatype software grant: what
> precise 3rd party code are you concerned about?

From a quick look there BSD and code copyright  copyright various other people [1]

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
yes, for sure, -1 until answered

Posted by ju...@classsoftware.com.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

[RESULT] [IP CLEARANCE] Aether, renamed to Maven Artifact Resolver

Posted by Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org>.
there were a few questions answered, and a good number of +1

this vote passes

thank you for your review and votes

Regards,

Hervé