Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Andrea Poli <ap...@link.it> on 2010/05/04 15:36:23 UTC

WSS-146

I see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-146
I applied the patch successfully.
I have tested it, too.

I did the following tests (both for SAML 1.1 and for SAML 2.0):
1. SAMLUnsigned
2. SAMLSigned with confirmationMethod=senderVouches and
xml.signature.spec=wss
3. SAMLSigned with confirmationMethod=keyHolder and xml.signature.spec=wss
4. SAMLSigned with confirmationMethod=senderVouches and
xml.signature.spec=saml
5. SAMLSigned with confirmationMethod=keyHolder and xml.signature.spec=saml

You found the configurations of the tests attached.
Only the tests 1,2,4 have perfectly succeeded.
The tests 3 and 5 fail. These tests contain a configuration:
confirmationMethod=keyHolder

NOTE: After having modified the sources with the patch
wss4j-1.5.8-saml.patch (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-146) I
have modified again them.
You found the patch attached: wss4j-1.5.8-saml-ext.patch

Can you confirm me that this last patch correctly works?

Could you suggest me a solution for the tests with
confirmationMethod=keyHolder ?

Andrea.

RE: WSS-146

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
so here is the code
        if ("senderVouches"
                .equals(properties.getProperty("org.apache.ws.security.saml.confirmationMethod"))) {
            confirmationMethods[0] = SAMLSubject.CONF_SENDER_VOUCHES;
        } else if (
                "keyHolder".equals(properties.getProperty("org.apache.ws.security.saml.confirmationMethod"))) { //YES
            confirmationMethods[0] = SAMLSubject.CONF_HOLDER_KEY;
            senderVouches = false;
        }
    /**  Holder of Key Confirmation Method Identifier */
    public final static String CONF_HOLDER_KEY = "urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:cm:holder-of-key";

which means you will need to supply not only the confirmation method but also the EncryptedKey,EncryptionMethod..the DigestMethod..x509Data and cipherData and EncryptedKey
<saml:SubjectConfirmation>
      <saml:ConfirmationMethod>urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:cm:holder-of-key</saml:ConfirmationMethod>
          <ds:KeyInfo xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
             <enc:EncryptedKey xmlns:enc="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
             <enc:EncryptionMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-oaep-mgf1p">
          <ds:DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1" />
             </enc:EncryptionMethod>
          <ds:KeyInfo>
            <ds:X509Data>
              <ds:X509Certificate>MIIB3 . . . vO3bdg</ds:X509Certificate>
            </ds:X509Data>
          </ds:KeyInfo>
     <enc:CipherData>
         <enc:CipherValue>P5Kb . . . rOTvII</enc:CipherValue>
            </enc:CipherData>
            </enc:EncryptedKey>
     </ds:KeyInfo>
</saml:SubjectConfirmation>http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.express.doc/info/exp/ae/cwbs_samltokenprofilespec.html