Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Renjie Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/16 02:31:30 UTC

Will storm 2.0 be completely rewritten in java?

Hi, storm dev team:
I want to ask whether storm 2.0 will be completely rewritten in java?
--
Liu, Renjie
Software Engineer, MVAD

Re: Will storm 2.0 be completely rewritten in java?

Posted by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com>.
Hi Renjie,

AFAIK, Clojure codes will be migrated to Java in Storm 2.0 and you may
check out the master branch of version 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

Thanks,
Manu Zhang

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
The plan is to have the clojure API moved to the storm-clojure package and storm-core will no longer depend on clojure.
 - Bobby

    On Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:02 AM, Junguk Cho <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi,

Just to be clear,  since  it is in the ongoing process to replace clojure
codes with java codes, I still can see storm-core/clj/ directory in this
git (https://github.com/apache/storm).

However, when you release storm 2.0 stable version, files in
storm-core/clj/ will be removed.

Is it right?

Thanks,
Junguk