Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Kumar Matcha <km...@orangescape.com> on 2005/06/28 17:14:19 UTC

I've a Question

Hi,

I've a question. I'm using Derby as my applications database. I've a
scenario where in I'm in need to drop a column from a table.

I know that Derby's ALTER statement doesn't support for DROP a column. I
would like to know, whether there is any other way of dropping

a column through JDBC.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kumar Matcha.

Re: I've a Question

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
The only way I know of to do this is a multi-step process

    create the new table without the unwanted column
    insert into NEW select <col-list> from OLD
    drop table OLD
    rename table NEW to OLD