Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andry -- <an...@hotmail.com> on 2003/08/04 18:43:31 UTC

Viewable but non printable fo:block ?

Hi !

Please does anybody know  how to make a viewable but non printable fo:block
for pdf use ?
I would print some text on my screen with Adobe Reader but when printing
these text shouldn't not appear.

Thanks for answers.
Andry RANDRIA

Re: Viewable but non printable fo:block ?

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Sounds like you want something like Acrobat's Annotations. I don't
believe that's in the XSL-FO spec, and as a result is not in FOP.
However, if you feel like learning the PDF spec, you should be able to
use iText to post-process your PDF output files to include this type of
information. You can find links to iText and other tools on the FOP
Resources page:

   http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html

HTH!

Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com