Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ian Barnes <ia...@opteqint.net> on 2006/07/20 12:36:56 UTC

.expire files

Hi,

We are running SpamAssasin 3.1.0 on a FreeBSD 4.9 server, and we have a
strange problem with .expire files. Our Bayes learn and toks files are fine
and don't get to large, but these .expire files keep appearing and taking up
huge space. Below is an example of the files:

bayes_toks.expire28003

bayes_toks.expire45789

bayes_toks.expire62683

bayes_toks.expire7841

bayes_toks.expire96969

Any idea why they are being generated and not auto deleted, are they not
supposed to be auto deleted, or why are they there.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Re: .expire files

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 12:36:56PM +0200, Ian Barnes wrote:
> bayes_toks.expire28003
> bayes_toks.expire45789
> bayes_toks.expire62683
> bayes_toks.expire7841
> bayes_toks.expire96969
>
> Any idea why they are being generated and not auto deleted, are they not
> supposed to be auto deleted, or why are they there.

Those are the temp DBs that are created during an expire.  If the process is
stopped prematurely (milter timeouts are common for this), the file isn't
deleted because SA is abruptly killed.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Logic is very, very straight-forward."         - Instructor Dean