Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Anil Pinto <ap...@lobotec.com> on 2010/09/28 21:11:40 UTC

Question on FOP Table between pages

Hello,

We have been using FOP in our solution for quite a few years now and are
very pleased with the product!

I have a question pertaining to the recently release version 1.0

We have noiticed that when creating documents with tables, if the table
expands tro the next page, in previous versions if the table breaks in
between a row, the row on the curent page ends with a horizontal line and
the table then continues with a header on the next page, followed by the
rest of the contents of the row below the header.

In the new version, the current page row does not seem to end with a
horizontal line i.e. it seems like the text is just hanging. The rest of the
behavior is the on the next page is as in the older version.

Is there a way we can get FOP to show that horizontal line that it
previously did in older versions?

Here is kind of a visual indication (in text format) to help describe what I
see.

################ FOP 1.0 #################

==== Current Page =====

+---------------------+
| Head1    | Head2    |
+---------------------+
|  Row 1   |          |
|          |          |
|----------|----------|
|  Row 2   |          |
|          |          |       <-------- There is no terminator line.

+---------------------+
| Head1    | Head2    |
+---------------------+
|  Row 2   |          |
|----------|----------|
|    :     |    :     |

################ FOP (older) #################

==== Current Page =====

+---------------------+
| Head1    | Head2    |
+---------------------+
|  Row 1   |          |
|          |          |
|----------|----------|
|  Row 2   |          |
|          |          |
+----------|----------+        <-------- This line is missing in the newer
version for the same XSL

+---------------------+
| Head1    | Head2    |
+---------------------+
|  Row 2   |          |
+----------|----------|
|    :     |    :     |

I am sorry I have not included the XML and XSL due to customer data
confidentiality restrictions. If absolutely required I will have to make
some time and do a lot of cleaning before I can pass those along.

Any suggestions to get that line in there is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Anil Pinto.

Re: Question on FOP Table between pages

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,

you can add an empty table-foot with a border-top on each cell, that
should do the trick.

Pascal

Posted by Anil Pinto <ap...@lobotec.com>.
Thanks Jeremias,

The border-after-width.conditionality="retain" worked.

Cheers,
Anil.

By default, border-after-width.conditionality is "discard" which omits
the border line at a break. You can set
border-after-with.conditionality="retain" and the border will appear
again. Same on border-before-with on the top of the following page.

See: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#border-after-width

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Question on FOP Table between pages

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
> [...]

> | Head1    | Head2    |
> +---------------------+
> |  Row 1   |          |
> |          |          |
> |----------|----------|
> |  Row 2   |          |
> |          |          |
> +----------|----------+        <-------- This line is missing in the newer
> version for the same XSL

> +---------------------+
> | Head1    | Head2    |
> |  Row 2   |          |
>

> I am sorry I have not included the XML and XSL due to customer data
> confidentiality restrictions. If absolutely required I will have to make
> some time and do a lot of cleaning before I can pass those along.
>
> Any suggestions to get that line in there is greatly appreciated.

Jeremias Maerki