Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Chun Yang <cy...@contractor.salesforce.com> on 2012/07/21 02:19:54 UTC

Python Pig embedding

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Python Pig embedding where I can run a Pig script
fine by itself, but I get errors when I try to embed it into python using
Pig.compileFromFile(), like so:

init = Pig.compileFromFile(initializeScript)
params = {
        'inputPath': inputPath,
        'dictionaryPath': dictionaryPath,
        [other options]
        }
boundInit = init.bind(params)
stats = boundInit.runSingle()

When I run the above, get the following error:

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Param substitution failed
(full error message here: http://pastebin.com/4quXCQE8)

If I use init.bind() without arguments, I get the same error.

The first lines of my pig script are here:
http://pastebin.com/i0LVgrVW

I am using Pig 0.9.1

I'm also using /* */ style comments in the script due to:

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks,
Chun