Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/07/05 12:54:05 UTC

[OT] Dartflash

Hi,

There a few people on the list who might be interested in this:
https://github.com/bp74/dartflash

It's the Flash Player API implemented in Google Dart. I've not given it a try to see how complete it is yet but might be worth keeping an eye on/playing about with.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [OT] Dartflash

Posted by aYo ~ <ay...@binitie.com>.
All Google stuff
~a~
www.ayobinitie.com
http://mrbinitie.blogspot.com

Re: [OT] Dartflash

Posted by Alain Ekambi <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: [OT] Dartflash

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.

> @Roland
>
> From www.dartlang.org :
> "Dart compiles to JavaScript, so your Dart web apps will work in multiple
> browsers."
> "The Dart platform includes a language, libraries, an editor, a virtual
> machine (VM) for both servers and browsers, and a compiler to JavaScript."
>
> If that compiler truly generates cross-browser JS we won't need Microsoft's
> or Apple's blessing. And since it's open-source it may be interesting to
> look at for possible future Flex-to-JS compilation.

True, and I wasn't saying we should disregard Dart altogether, for a
Flex-JS target
it might indeed be interesting. It might even be interesting to target the
Dart VM
once Falcon drops.

Roland

Re: [OT] Dartflash

Posted by Maxime Cowez <ma...@gmail.com>.
@Roland

Re: [OT] Dartflash

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.

> @Roland
>
> I wrote a blog post on why I think Apple and Microsoft will eventually
> support Dart: http://davidbuhler.com/thoughts-on-flash/
>
> David Buhler

Thanks David, very nicely put, I agree with most of what you state in the
article.
Its an interesting thought that Microsoft would be against Dart since
supporting it
would enable Google to easily compete with their Office suite.

cheers,

Roland

Re: [OT] Dartflash

Posted by David Francis Buhler <da...@gmail.com>.
@Roland

Re: [OT] Dartflash

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.

Re: [OT] Dartflash

Posted by aYo ~ <ay...@binitie.com>.
I've been looking at Dart - I'm definitely going to look at this. Thanks