Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Adam Retter <ad...@devon.gov.uk> on 2005/01/30 21:43:44 UTC

xindice.bat and XINDICE_HOME on Win2K

Hi guys,

Have fallen at the first hurdle. Deployed xindice 1.1b4 on Tomcat 4.1.29 on
Windows 2K. But I have problems when I try and run xindice.bat from the
command line. We have Java 2 SDK Version 1.4.2_03 installed.

Firstly it complained about XINDICE_HOME, so I have now set this to what I
believe is the correct path.

XINDICE_HOME=d:\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF

When I now try and run xindice.bat I get the following errors -

D:\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF>xindice.bat
'D:\Apache' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'D:\Apache' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Group\Tomcat

Now I think the problem is because my path has spaces in it?! How do I set
XINDICE_HOME correctly so that it works with my path that has the spaces in
it?

Thanks Very Much

Adam Retter

Devon Portal Technician
Devon Portal Project, e-Partnership
Ext: 3683
DDI: 01392 383683
e: adam.retter@devon.gov.uk

http://www.devonline.gov.uk <http://www.devonline.gov.uk>

Re: xindice.bat and XINDICE_HOME on Win2K

Posted by Arno Venner <ar...@informatik.uni-ulm.de>.
xindice.bat and XINDICE_HOME on Win2KHi,
yes I got the problem before. I had to reinstall myself.

Yet renaming Path's should do as well.

make a
"D:\Apache_Group\Tomcat_4.1\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF>xindice.bat
from
"D:\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF>xindice.bat"

unless your server is critical.

mfg

Arno Venner