Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ar...@tcs.com on 2006/03/27 17:37:44 UTC

Handling errors in sitemap.

Hi all,

I am trying to handle errors in sitemap.
I want that the error should not be shown in a separate error page instead
it should be in the center part and the header footer left and right
navigation links should be there.I am putting the <map:handle-errors>
section at the end of the pipeline and the code is as follows:

                <map:otherwise>
                        <map:generate type="notifying"/>
                        <map:transform src="error.xslt"/>
                        <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
                </map:otherwise>

where error.xslt just picks up the particular type of error and displays
that to the description.

i want a aggregation at the generate type where I should be able to show
all header footer left and right menus and content part should show error
message.

Kindly put some suggestions on how to do the aggregation at the generate
part as I am not sure if we can put <map:part> as type notifying to get
the xml format of the error.

Regards,

Arnab Jena
Assistant Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Bangalore,Karnataka
India
Mailto: arnab.jena@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you

Re: Handling errors in sitemap.

Posted by ar...@tcs.com.
Thanks all and Andrew,

This issue has been resolved due to the inputs recieved.

Regards,

Arnab Jena
Assistant Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Bangalore,Karnataka
India
Mailto: arnab.jena@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Andrew Timberlake <an...@opensourcegroup.co.za>
03/28/2006 01:10 PM
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject

arnab.jena@tcs.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to handle errors in sitemap.
> I want that the error should not be shown in a separate error page
> instead it should be in the center part and the header footer left and
> right navigation links should be there.I am putting the
> <map:handle-errors> section at the end of the pipeline and the code is
> as follows:
>
>                 <map:otherwise>
>                         <map:generate type="notifying"/>
>                         <map:transform src="error.xslt"/>
>                         <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
>                 </map:otherwise>
>
> where error.xslt just picks up the particular type of error and displays

> that to the description.
>
> i want a aggregation at the generate type where I should be able to show

> all header footer left and right menus and content part should show
> error message.
>
> Kindly put some suggestions on how to do the aggregation at the generate

> part as I am not sure if we can put <map:part> as type notifying to get
> the xml format of the error.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arnab Jena
> Assistant Systems Engineer
> Tata Consultancy Services Limited
> Bangalore,Karnataka
> India
> Mailto: arnab.jena@tcs.com
> Website: http://www.tcs.com
> Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or
> attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If

> you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review,
> distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this
> e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
> e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message
> and any attachments. Thank you

Don't put map notifying as a part of an aggregate.
Create a seperate matcher to producde the notifying xml and include that
xml as a part using the cocoon:/ protocol.

ie.

<map:otherwise>
                 <map:aggregate>
                                 <map:part
src="cocoon:/notifying-output.xml">
                 </map:aggregate>
</map:otherwise>

<map:match pattern="notifying-output.xml">
                 <map:generate type="notifying"/>
                 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

Andrew