Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> on 2016/04/19 01:37:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move master to version 0.9, create branch-0.8

There's several new features being added - including support for multiple
partition fetch in UnorderedOutput, FileSystem based fetcher, Tez-UI2 etc.

I'd propose moving master to a new major version (0.9) for the new feature
work being done. A separate branch can be created to further stabilize the
external executor work on branch-0.8. This should actually have been done a
while ago, instead of releasing 0.8 from master itself.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Sid

Re: [DISCUSS] Move master to version 0.9, create branch-0.8

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
Done, and created a build for branch-0.8 at
https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/Tez-Build-branch-0.8/

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.