Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nodje <no...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/18 14:25:08 UTC

Need help to find best way to recompile complete project and dep with 1.5

Hi,

I need to figure out a way to repackage a webapp and all it's dependencies
in java5. Currently in 1.6.

We use a parent pom that all dep and webapp use.

I've never needed an aggregator pom up to now, as we work and release each
dependency as needed.

It seems obviously a good option now that I have to recompile everything
with JDK1.5.

The jar plugin configuration is in the parent pom, and it specifies the
source and target version, as well as the classifier.

Ideally, I would like to keep the parent as it is, and modify the jar plugin
settings in the aggregator, which will be a child of the parent as well.

The problem is that the jar dependencies don't seem to inherit the jar
plugin properties from the aggregator.

To makes things clearer:

all-parent

new-jdk1.5-aggregator
 |           |              |
dep1    dep2         depX

It seems a perfect place to introduce a new behavior while keeping the whole
organization identical.

As I can't get it to work, I've started to fork Jar dep project one by one,
and add a local jar plugin config.

Ideas on how to do that would be very welcome! The goal is to minimize
changes on the existing structure.

I'm considering adding another intermediary parent pom, (something like
all-parent-jdk1.5) to see if it would propagate the jar plugin config as
expected.

cheers
/nodje

AW: Need help to find best way to recompile complete project and dep with 1.5

Posted by Entner Harald <En...@afb.de>.
Hi,

afaik aggregator project do not inherit its plugins. You have to put the compiler plugin into your parent pom (or another parent pom), then all childs will use that plugin. Additionally i would specify the relativePath, so changes to the parent are immediately visible (no need to install it).

Hope this helps,

Harald