Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2011/12/17 12:55:46 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Hello all,

As the discussion about the resolution [1] offered no further feedback, it is time for the Apache ACE community to request that the IPMC vote on recommending this resolution [2] to the ASF board.

Please cast your vote:

[ ] +1 to recommend ACE's graduation
[ ]  0 don't care
[ ] -1 no, don't recommend yet, (because...)

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

Greetings, Marcel

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/wfrvwmnu3y22oxys

[2] see below:

## Resolution to create a TLP from graduating Incubator podling

    X. Establish the Apache ACE Project

       open-source software related to the management and deployment
       of OSGi based and other software artifacts for distribution
       at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache ACE Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache ACE Project be and hereby is
       related to the management and deployment of OSGi based and
       other software artifacts;
       and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache ACE" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache ACE Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache ACE Project; and be it further

       Apache ACE Project:

         * Angelo van der Sijpt     <an...@apache.org>
         * Brian Topping            <bt...@apache.org>
         * Clement Escoffier        <cl...@apache.org>
         * Carsten Ziegeler         <cz...@apache.org>
         * Jean-Baptiste Onofre     <jb...@apache.org>
         * Karl Pauls               <kp...@apache.org>
         * Marcel Offermans         <ma...@apache.org>
         * Toni Menzel              <to...@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Marcel Offermans
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache ACE, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache ACE PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache ACE Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache ACE Project be and hereby
       Incubator ACE podling; and be it further

       Incubator ACE podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.

Note to moderators: I sent this message before, over 24 hours ago, with my apache e-mail address (that is not subscribed to this list). It's still stuck in moderation, which is why I'm sending it again today. If ultimately both end up on the list, my apologies, I will summarize the responses over both messages.

Re: [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1

--tim

Re: [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

+1

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

On 12/17/2011 12:55 PM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> [...]
>
>         RESOLVED, that the initial Apache ACE PMC be and hereby is
>         tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>         encourage open development and increased participation in the
>         Apache ACE Project; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that the Apache ACE Project be and hereby
>         is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>         Incubator ACE podling; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>         Incubator ACE podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>         Project are hereafter discharged.
>

> Note to moderators: I sent this message before, over 24 hours ago, with my apache e-mail address (that is not subscribed to this list). It's still stuck in moderation, which is why I'm sending it again today. If ultimately both end up on the list, my apologies, I will summarize the responses over both messages.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 (binding).

G'luck guys!

Cheers,
Chris

On Dec 17, 2011, at 3:55 AM, Marcel Offermans wrote:

> [...]
>
>       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache ACE PMC be and hereby is
>       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>       encourage open development and increased participation in the
>       Apache ACE Project; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the Apache ACE Project be and hereby
>       is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>       Incubator ACE podling; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>       Incubator ACE podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>       Project are hereafter discharged.
>

> Note to moderators: I sent this message before, over 24 hours ago, with my apache e-mail address (that is not subscribed to this list). It's still stuck in moderation, which is why I'm sending it again today. If ultimately both end up on the list, my apologies, I will summarize the responses over both messages.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Marcel Offermans
<ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> As the discussion about the resolution [1] offered no further feedback, it is time for the Apache ACE community to request that the IPMC vote on recommending this resolution [2] to the ASF board.
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> [ X] +1 to recommend ACE's graduation

-Bertrand (ACE mentor)

Re: [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

However, somehow my mail is wrong, should be pauls@apache.org and
_not_ kpauls@apache.org

regards,

Karl

karlpauls@gmail.com
http://twitter.com/karlpauls
http://www.linkedin.com/in/karlpauls
https://profiles.google.com/karlpauls

Re: [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Marcel Offermans
<ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
[x] +1 to recommend ACE's graduation

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I live here; http://tinyurl.com/3xugrbk
I work here; http://tinyurl.com/6a2pl4j
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Thanks,
Senaka.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
After 72 hours have gone by, this vote has passed with 11 binding IPMC +1 votes and no other votes:

+1: Bertrand Delacretaz, Mark Struberg, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Senaka Fernando, Chris A Mattmann, Olivier Lamy, Niclas Hedhman, Karl Pauls, Marcel Offermans, Tim Williams, Daniel Kulp

I will send the resolution to the board for inclusion in their next board meeting (which formally will be the one in January as we missed the 72 hours in advance deadline for the one in December, but who knows ;) ).

Thanks to everybody for their vote, support and feedback during incubation.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [VOTE] Apache ACE as a TLP

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1 (binding)