Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Steffen Rochel <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/09 13:28:41 UTC

call for contributions to next MXNet release

Hi - I would like to propose the next MXNet release.
Initial draft content is listed at MXNet wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Project+Proposals+for+next+MXNet+Release>.
I would like to call to all contributors to add features you are working on
and would like to see included in the release. Suggested code freeze is
March 30th  with target release by mid April.

Anirudh Subramanian and Chris Olivier have volunteered to co-manage the
release.

Mark your date: we are planing public meetup on Apr 24th in Seattle.
Details to follow.

Regards,
Steffen

Re: call for contributions to next MXNet release

Posted by Steffen Rochel <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anirudh - just to clarify - April 9th as target to create 1st release
candidate to start voting process. Suggest to focus between feature freeze
on March 30th and 1st release candidate on April 9th  to address the long
list of known bugs - https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/labels/Bug

Regards,
Steffen

Posted by Anirudh <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Pedro Larroy <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Patric

Posted by "Zhao, Patric" <pa...@intel.com>.

Posted by "Zhao, Patric" <pa...@intel.com>.
Thanks, Larryo.

Posted by Pedro Larroy <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Can you please fix the build logic?
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L158

Posted by "Zhao, Patric" <pa...@intel.com>.
Really thank Marco, Da and other reviewers' help :)

I'd like to update the status of MKL-DNN bugs.
Feel free to let me know if there're any other issues.

There're 8 opened issues (1 discussion thread is not included).

2 issues are WIP and will be completed in next several days.
#10189, Race condition when MKLDNN is enabled MKL, Zheng Da
Note: this data race exist in theory but couldn't happen now. Da is working on the enhancement to make it perfect.
-#8712, test_operator.test_depthwise_convolution fails in [Python2: MKLML-CPU] and [Python3: MKLML-CPU], Patric Zhao

6 opened issues have been resolved and wait to review/merge/close
#10168 (PR#10218) CPP test case fails to compile using gcc 4.8.5 when MKLDNN enabled Breaking Build MKL
#10141 (Passed, to be closed)  Flaky test test_operator_gpu.test_convolution_options @ Python2: MKLDNN-GPU Flaky MKL Test
#10092 (PR#10021) No "full" pooling convention support with MKL-DNN Feature request MKL Operator
#10026 (PR#10069) MXNET_MKLDNN_DEBUG=1 produces errors Bug MKL
#8974 (Question, will update doc) MXNET compatibility with MKL libraries bundled in Microsoft R Open MKL
#8532 (resolved by workaround) mxnet-mkl (v0.12.0) crash when using (conda-installed) numpy with MKL Bug MKL
Note: The duplicated libiomp.so library caused the conflict in the conda and it's not introduced by MKL-DNN.
            It can be resolved by environment variable. I am looking for C API to set in the runtime.

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Patric,

#9993 opened 11 days ago by jacky4323

#9864 opened 21 days ago by marcoabreu

#9844 opened 23 days ago by marcoabreu

#9828 opened 25 days ago by sbodenstein

#8974 opened on Dec 7, 2017 by mjmg

#8881 opened on Nov 30, 2017 by wuzhijiexia

#8874 opened on Nov 30, 2017 by jerrin92

#8532 opened on Nov 3, 2017 by fhieber

Posted by "Zhao, Patric" <pa...@intel.com>.

Posted by Steffen Rochel <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zhao, Patric" <pa...@intel.com>.