Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by robert woodley <am...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/31 18:23:10 UTC

Outstanding WSDL Issues

2nd post - 1st one didn't get thru, it seems...

There are several WSDL-related issues that were posted
here that never received a response (hey, and not all
of them are mine either!).  I find issues 1, 3, & 4
cause problems for interop with MSSoap and other
packages. I wonder if anyone has any solutions, or
whether some of these are bugs or by design.

Issue 1: Java2WSDL sometimes uses SOAP-ENC:string
instead of xsd:string, but ?WSDL doesn't. Beta 1 & 2.
See this post:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=101717640106837&w=2

Issue 2: ?WSDL option doesn't work if web app is
deployed as a WAR.
See:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=102097614222906&w=2

Issue 3: WSDL element names don't match soap message
in case.
See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=102276002919790&w=2

Issue 4: Finally, the solution described here works in
beta 1 but seems to break in beta 2:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=101029281232682&w=2

Any insights much appreciated! Getting the WSDL just
right is essential for interoperability.

Bob Woodley

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com