Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rolf Schumacher <ro...@august.de> on 2009/02/23 09:23:09 UTC

gathering jar files

I'd like to distribute a desktop utility

utility.jar
lib/lib1.jar
lib/lib2.jar
lib/...

where the MANIFEST.MF contains the line

classpath = lib/lib1.jar lib/lib2.jar ...

included libs are listed as dependencies or transient dependencies as
specified in pom.xml.

Is such a thing possible?
With or without writing a plugin?

Please be patient, I'm new to maven.
I read a lot. Maybe at the wrong place.
I included <addClasspath>true</addClasspath> to maven-jar-plugin
configuration, without luck to change manifest.mf

Any help welcome.

Rolf

Re: gathering jar files

Posted by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com>.
I used the assembly plugin; the final artifact was a zip file and in it are the various jars, and a shell script to run the jar containing the class with main.  The user is instructed to unzip the zip file and run the shell script (actually it's run by cron).

Rolf Schumacher wrote:
> Thank you Jon and Roland.
>
> The Shade plugin opened the door for me.
>
> I had to learn to browse through the maven-xxx-plugin's.
> Like with the Eclipse plugins its seems to be a bit hard for a newcomer
> to find your way through this massive amount of information.
>
> Finally I adopted for the maven-assembly-plugin. With it I can do
> anything I asked for. And because the assemly.xml is backed up with a
> XML-Schema I'm guided in creation.
>
> I'm looking forward doing more with maven.
>
> Thank you so far.
>
> Rolf
>
> Roland Bali wrote:
>> Hi Rolf,
>>
>> I think you might be looking for the Shade plugin.
>>
>> If you add this to your POM the dependecies will be added when you package
>> your project. If I'm not mistaken they are unpacked and then included in the
>> final JAR, but I'm not sure.
>>
>> <project>

>>>   <build>
>>>     <plugins>
>>>       <plugin>
>>>         <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>         <artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
>>>         <executions>
>>>           <execution>
>>>             <phase>package</phase>
>>>             <goals>
>>>               <goal>shade</goal>
>>>             </goals>
>>>           </execution>
>>>         </executions>
>>>       </plugin>
>>>     </plugins>
>>>   </build>
>>> </project>
>>>

>> /Roland
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Jon Georg Berentsen <
>> Jon.Georg.Berentsen@objectware.no> wrote:
>>

>>> Could you elaborate a bit more?
>>> Are these three artifact dependencies to your project or something you
>>> build?
>>>
>>> Jon
>>>

>>> "I'd like to distribute a desktop utility
>>>
>>> utility.jar
>>> lib/lib1.jar
>>> lib/lib2.jar

Re: gathering jar files