Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mu Mike <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/19 10:33:17 UTC

questions about tiles

 what happens when I write the below in mypage.jsp?

 <tiles:insert path="template.jsp">
    <put name="currentModule" value="mymoudle" />
    <putList name="tabList">
      <item value="vchart" tooltip="Chart" link="/rb/chtprop/VChart.jsp"/>
    </putList>
 <tiles:insert>

 Is "currentMoudle" a bean? if it is ,what scope it exists in?

 what happens to an item in a putList? is an item also a bean? if it
is,what is its scope?

Thanks

Re: questions about tiles

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@ieee.org>.
Hi Mike,

>  what happens when I write the below in mypage.jsp?
>
>  <tiles:insert path="template.jsp">
>     <put name="currentModule" value="mymoudle" />
>     <putList name="tabList">
>       <item value="vchart" tooltip="Chart" link="/rb/chtprop/VChart.jsp"/>
>     </putList>
>  <tiles:insert>
template.jsp gets inserted into mypage.jsp.
    cf. http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-tiles.html#insert

>  Is "currentMoudle" a bean? if it is ,what scope it exists in?
Not necessarily.  The scope would be "tiles" scope (of the tile being
inserted), I guess.  You can use "useAttribute" or "importAttribute" to
use tiles attributes as normal servlet scoped attributes.
    cf. http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-tiles.html#put
        http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-tiles.html#useAttribute
        http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-tiles.html#importAttribute

>  what happens to an item in a putList? is an item also a bean? if it
> is,what is its scope?
Same here.
    cf. http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-tiles.html#putList

Best regards,