Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Vimal K <vi...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/26 02:42:47 UTC

Regarding Contribution to Kafka.

Hello ,

Very much interested to start *contributing to kafka*. Just a
quick question, are there *any prerequisites* for being a contributor @ *kafka
*or I can just enroll to the mailing list and start picking JIRA issues to
work on , of course after reading the style guidelines and code of conduct.

Please advise and thank you so much.

Thanks & Regards
Vimal Krishnamoorthy

Re: Regarding Contribution to Kafka.

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vimal,

Before you pick up JIRA issues to work on, please contact us (reply this
email is OK) to be added to the contributor list with your JIRA account
username provided in the email. After that you can assign yourself to the
JIRA ticket you have started working on so others will notice.

Thanks for the interest to Apache Kafka.

Luke