Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com> on 2017/06/02 12:40:45 UTC

Re: Potential problem with do-stable-update-with-scores cron job

I think you are right.  And that the system needs a run to create the
files for the scores on the new server.

On 5/30/2017 8:25 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> It's quite possible bb does update rule qa.  Don't take what I say as absolute...  Will look at this more tomorrow.
> Regards,
> KAM
>
> On May 30, 2017 8:15:16 PM EDT, Dave Jones <da...@apache.org> wrote:
>> If you look on the sa-vm1 box in /etc/cron.d/automc you will see all of
>>
>> the cron jobs that I found from the /home/kmcgrail/SAcron mbox.  I
>> updated the bottom of the InfraNote2017 wiki page with what these cron
>> jobs do.  I think this is the core of the ruleqa process that allows us
>>
>> to validate rules from the submitted corpus and start sa-update working
>>
>> again but the http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org site is not getting
>> updated.  This is my next thing to tackle.  Now that I know buildbot
>> wasn't involved that will same me a lot of time.  I am concerned that
>> where ever this part was running wasn't backed up. I may have to take
>> your advice and post on the dev mailing list to see if anyone knows
>> anything or has some backups somewhere.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> On 05/30/2017 07:00 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>>> Ahh. This was for the quick masschecks for the preflight rules. I
>>> don't think it is used nor is the corpora it is run against
>> maintained.
>>> Is there parts of rule qa that aren't working other than these quick
>>> checks?
>>> Regards,

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 6/2/2017 9:10 AM, Dave Jones wrote:
> On the ruleqa list yesterday, John Hardin confirmed that buildbot was
> running before to centrally process the full uploaded corpora.  Sigh.
> This is going to be difficult to figure out and get going again so we
> need to focus on the distributed masscheck contributions first which
> is close to being good.
>
> The http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org site is not going to be updating
> until we figure out what was running that.

Understood.  Yes, we had  system that ran on uploaded corpora. I think
that is significantly less priority than our other rules process.

In effect, it was an rsync upload and masscheck system.

I personally think that sa-vm1 will not be anywhere near fast enough to
handle the load.

Regards,

KAM

Re: Potential problem with do-stable-update-with-scores cron job

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.
On 06/02/2017 07:40 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> I think you are right.  And that the system needs a run to create the
> files for the scores on the new server.

I ran a manual "force" with 9 masscheck contributors last night so we
have a test file out there that I have asked the ruleqa list for help
with QA'ing the update file before I enable DNS updates for sa-update:

wget http://bbmass.spamassassin.org/updates/1797164.tar.gz
wget http://bbmass.spamassassin.org/updates/1797164.tar.gz.sha1
wget http://bbmass.spamassassin.org/updates/1797164.tar.gz.asc

sa-update -D -v --install=1797164.tar.gz