Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2017/07/31 11:08:39 UTC

Java 2.1.0 release?

Hi all,

I'd like to get a Java 2.1.0 release out soon. The main feature of the
release is that it will work with the forthcoming Java 9. The minimum
supported JDK version will be Java 8.

There are not too many other changes - the most notable one is probably
that Santuario has switched to use the Java Base64 encoder. The old Base64
encoder is still shipped for backwards compatibility reasons.

Any comments or is there anything else that anyone else would like to see
in the release?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Java 2.1.0 release?

Posted by Sean Mullan <se...@oracle.com>.
On 7/31/17 7:08 AM, Colm O hEigeartaigh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to get a Java 2.1.0 release out soon. The main feature of the
> release is that it will work with the forthcoming Java 9. The minimum
> supported JDK version will be Java 8.

Great, that is good to know it will work with Java 9.

> There are not too many other changes - the most notable one is probably
> that Santuario has switched to use the Java Base64 encoder. The old
> Base64 encoder is still shipped for backwards compatibility reasons.
>
> Any comments or is there anything else that anyone else would like to
> see in the release?

Nothing that I can think of.

Thanks,
Sean