Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2018/02/03 15:23:41 UTC

Issues with Downloading Ant's dependencies

Hi all

I'm starting to cut the releases and wanted to make sure I build against
the latest dependency updates.

When running "ant -f fetch.xml -Ddest=optional" on the 1.9.x branch I
end up with

,----
| jai:
| Downloading: javax/media/jai-core/1.1.3/jai-core-1.1.3.pom from repository central at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
| Unable to locate resource in repository
| [INFO] Unable to find resource 'javax.media:jai-core:pom:1.1.3' in repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
| Downloading: javax/media/jai-core/1.1.3/jai-core-1.1.3.jar from repository central at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
| Unable to locate resource in repository
| [INFO] Unable to find resource 'javax.media:jai-core:jar:1.1.3' in repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
| An error has occurred while processing the Maven artifact tasks.
|  Diagnosis:
|
| Unable to resolve artifact: Missing:
| ----------
| 1) javax.media:jai-core:jar:1.1.3
|
|   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
|
|   Then, install it using the command:
|       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.media -DartifactId=jai-core -Dversion=1.1.3 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
|
|   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
|       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=javax.media -DartifactId=jai-core -Dversion=1.1.3 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
|
|   Path to dependency:
|   	1) org.apache.maven:super-pom:pom:2.0
|   	2) javax.media:jai-core:jar:1.1.3
|
| ----------
| 1 required artifact is missing.
|
| for artifact:
|   org.apache.maven:super-pom:pom:2.0
|
| from the specified remote repositories:
|   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
`----

I'll try installing jai manually and worst case need to cut the releases
using the libraries I've had installed before.

Stefan

Re: Issues with Downloading Ant's dependencies

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2018-02-03, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> My turn to say "sorry for being a PITA" ;-)
> I broke fetch.xml and JetBrains CI -- should have been more attentive to
> their builds.

I'm not sure anybody is looking at the JetBrains CI builds (I
don't). Don't worry, stuff happens.

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.
My turn to say "sorry for being a PITA" ;-)
I broke fetch.xml and JetBrains CI -- should have been more attentive to
their builds.

Gintas

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2018-02-03, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Hi all

> I'm starting to cut the releases and wanted to make sure I build against
> the latest dependency updates.

> When running "ant -f fetch.xml -Ddest=optional" on the 1.9.x branch I
> end up with

> | Unable to resolve artifact: Missing:
> | 1) javax.media:jai-core:jar:1.1.3

the jar simply is not available from Maven central (only the POM). I
found it (and jai-codec) in
https://nexus.geomatys.com/#browse/browse/components:geotoolkit - and
this seems to indicate the groupId for jai-codec should be javax.media
rather than com.sun.media.

I'll now go ahead with what I've got and leave cleaning this up properly
for the next release :-)

Stefan