Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by John Chien <jo...@ncmail.net> on 2007/12/20 21:09:50 UTC

queryForList()

Question about :

public List queryForList(String statementName, Object parameterObject,
int skipResults, int maxResults) throws SQLException

Suppose I have a list of 1625 elements.

The first time I call using               queryForList(statementName,
parameterObject, 0, 500) will give me the first 500 elements,
The second time I call using          queryForList(statementName,
parameterObject, 500, 500) will give me the next 500 elements, (501 - 1000)
The third time I call using              queryForList(statementName,
parameterObject, 1000, 500) will give me the next 500 elements, (1001 -
1500)
The fourth time I call using            queryForList(statementName,
parameterObject, 1500, 500) will give me the next 125 elements, (1501 -
1625)

Am I correct about the use of it ?

Thanks,

John Chien

Re: queryForList()

Posted by Koka Kiknadze <22...@gmail.com>.

> It seems not give me what I expect as mentioned in the question.

Can not think of any explanation except that maybe you do not have an ORDER
BY clause in your select, so that each time you execute queryForList the
records are not returned in the same guaranteed order.

Re: queryForList()

Posted by John Chien <jo...@ncmail.net>.
Yes. That's the reason I am asking the question.

Re: queryForList()

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
Did you try it?