Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/07 22:07:41 UTC

Favourites in timeline

Hi,

I have just created a Jira task for making favourite messages show up
in the timeline.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-76

Not urgent or major, just nice to have feature down the line.

/Anne

Re: Favourites in timeline

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
On 8. juli. 2009, at 11.13, Vassil Dichev wrote:

>> My idea behind automating RTs and making favourites easier
>> accessible is to
>> clean up the timeline. I don't know what your twitter timelines
>> looks like
>> these days, but sometimes I am drowning in RTs.
>
> OK, having a separate "resent" stream is the one thing I didn't
> mention now, but I've been thinking about it too:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-esme-dev/200904.mbox/%3Cc7fc82820904220132uc6c9cf8s90d35ff4274ef052@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Then we can easily add another filter for your regular timeline to
> weed out all resent messages.
>
> In addition, it would be nice having a public "resent" stream with
> some sort of popularity indicator, similar to what identi.ca is doing.

Sounds good to me! :-)
I will create a new Jira task for the separate timelines. (both public
and "private")

/Anne

Re: Favourites in timeline

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Re: Favourites in timeline

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
Maybe we could mix the resent feature you suggest with this?:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-esme-dev/200904.mbox/%3cD0752C47-BA50-461C-94BE-C50635C71912@gmail.com%3e
("what if favourties was a separate stream,  just like replies and DMs. This
stream would contain the favourites (or RTs if you'd like) of the people you
follow.)

--
This message is: private and confidential [ ] bloggable with prior
permisssion [ ] bloggable without permission [ ]

Re: Favourites in timeline

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.