Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sumit Aggarwal <su...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/01 18:42:59 UTC

Re: Best and industry acceptable configuration for solr for large data

Can any one please give me some insight best/industry acceptable
configuration for solr.
My Requirement is :
1. Indexes scaled to 3 boxes. (What is best partitioning index strategies)
2. Replicated Index servers for each box...
3.. Each box will have than multiple index folders also based on type of
entity.... like i will be having separate index directory for entity 'User',
'Items' etc on each box.
4. I will require caching....
5. Each box , entity index size could be more than 10 GB... So each box will
be having approx 10*(No of Entity) GB.
6. Should we use http connection for getting data or should we use embedded
solr server.

Thanks,
Sumit