Posted to repository@apache.org by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2006/12/20 16:08:03 UTC

Ant 1.7.0 jars in maven repository

hello,

I have uploaded the ant 1.7.0 release here :

http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.ant/
I would like to know when it will be available to be referenced in POMs.

I have just added this snippet to a test POM :
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.ant</groupId>
            <artifactId>ant</artifactId>
            <version>1.7.0</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

and got this output from mvn :

 http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.0/ant-1.7.0.pom[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

When will it be available ? or do users have to configure something special to use it ?
Of course let me know if there is anything wrong with my upload.

Regards,

Antoine

Re: Ant 1.7.0 jars in maven repository

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.
On 20/12/06, Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have uploaded the ant 1.7.0 release here :
>
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.ant/

Except there's no ant-optional.jar. oops :)

Re: Ant 1.7.0 jars in maven repository

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Fixed now

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: Ant 1.7.0 jars in maven repository

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:12:57 +0100
Von: "Carlos Sanchez" <ca...@apache.org>
An: repository@apache.org
Betreff: Re: Ant 1.7.0 jars in maven repository

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
On 12/21/06, Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello Carlos,
>
> I thought that the rule was that projects building with ant are not allowed to copy their artifacts to m2. Ant is still building with ant (strange). Would we be allowed to put our artifacts into m2 ?

I don't think so, but shouldn't matter too much

Datum: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:38:12 +0100
Von: "Carlos Sanchez" <ca...@apache.org>
An: repository@apache.org

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.
On 21/12/06, Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> wrote:
 I *strongly* recommend that you put your artifacts into some staging
> repository before so that you and others can test with Maven 2 that everything
> is working correctly. For this purpose some projects use the
> /www/people.apache.org/builds/  directory.
>
> You should also use 'mvn install-file' (see
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/usage.html) which creates
> all the metadata for you.

You can check the MD right now
http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.ant/poms/

notice how we even say who to complain to if the MD is wrong :)

One thing the POMS do do is have everything underscoped; most
dependencies are marked as compile and not run time, and some of them
(e.g. testutil) dont even declare they depend on junit at all.

This does guarantee that users wont get unexpected stuff in there, but
it may disappoint some people who are aficionados of transitive
dependencies.

Re: Ant 1.7.0 jars in maven repository

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this problem persists.
>
> Ant 1.7.0 is here http://repo1.maven.org/maven/org.apache.ant/
>
> but that does not seem to be enough to make it accessible for maven 2
> projects ?

right, because for Maven 2 you have to put your artifacts into

/www/people.apache.org/repos/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/ant/[artifact-id]/[version]

Though I *strongly* recommend that you put your artifacts into some staging

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Ant 1.7.0 jars in maven repository

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello,