Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2009/03/03 09:54:50 UTC

JavaMail 1.4.2 released

Here:
- http://download.java.net/maven/2/javax/mail/mail/1.4.2/

Mainly:
- Improvements to InternetAddress parsing.  By setting the System
  property "mail.mime.address.strict" to "false", no addresses in mail
  messages will cause parsing errors.

- "Be liberal in what you accept."  In addition to the above, several
  other System properties can be set to allow JavaMail to accept bogus
  messages of various types.

And:
Now the pom file includes the license header!! :-)

I didn't test it yet, but I plan to try it on my server because I need
the more liberal parsing configuration.

Stefano

Re: JavaMail 1.4.2 released

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Here:
> - http://download.java.net/maven/2/javax/mail/mail/1.4.2/
>
> Mainly:
> - Improvements to InternetAddress parsing.  By setting the System
>  property "mail.mime.address.strict" to "false", no addresses in mail
>  messages will cause parsing errors.
>
> - "Be liberal in what you accept."  In addition to the above, several
>  other System properties can be set to allow JavaMail to accept bogus
>  messages of various types.
>
> And:
> Now the pom file includes the license header!! :-)
>
> I didn't test it yet, but I plan to try it on my server because I need
> the more liberal parsing configuration.

great

- robert