Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by frannack Guimard <fr...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/27 17:03:02 UTC

Tomcat load balanced with Apache HTTP Server and mod_jk

Hello,

Is there a way to add a Balancer Member to Apache HTTP Server on the fly?

I'm using Apache 2.2, Tomcat 5.5 and mod_jk. I have a Apache HTTP Server load balance request on the pool of workers (tomcat instances).
When I add a new worker, I would like Apache HTTP Server to be notify so it can add it on its balancer member list. I don't care if it's not persistent after reboot of the Apache HTTP Server.

Thank you,

Frannack

RE: Tomcat load balanced with Apache HTTP Server and mod_jk

Posted by frannack Guimard <fr...@hotmail.com>.
Rainer,

I'm trying your solution of using apachectl graceful. The only problem is that it needs to be executed as root. I tried to write a perl cgi script to change automatically my worker.properties which works fine, but then, if I tried to run the apachectl command from inside the cgi script, I get a permission denied. I even tried to set the httpd user "nobody" in sudoers without password but it does not work either (I don't know why). I'm so close since when I manually do the apachectl command it does work, I just need to find a way to run this from the cgi script.

Does anyone could help?

Thank you.

Franck

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.