Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by RW <ro...@tauceti.net> on 2007/01/04 23:05:22 UTC

Problems with Roller 3.1 RC2

Hi there!

I've updated Roller from 3.0 to 3.1 RC2. Two problems occured:

1) During the execution of 300-to-310-migration.sql (PostgresSQL) I've got:

psql:300-to-310-migration.sql:49: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "not"
at character 54
psql:300-to-310-migration.sql:49: LINE 1: ...ter table
rag_group_subscription alter column drop not null;
psql:300-to-310-migration.sql:49:

This error seems to have no further consequences. Roller run's fine.

2) I want to use Xinha as text editor but despite what editor I choose in
Preferences -> Settings I only get the text editor. This is a little
bit... well...
You know ;-) Anything I missed to configure?

I'm using roller since version 1 if this helps any further.

Thanks!
Robert

Re: Problems with Roller 3.1 RC2

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 1/4/07, RW <ro...@tauceti.net> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I've updated Roller from 3.0 to 3.1 RC2. Two problems occured:
>
> 1) During the execution of 300-to-310-migration.sql (PostgresSQL) I've got:
>
> psql:300-to-310-migration.sql:49: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "not"
> at character 54
> psql:300-to-310-migration.sql:49: LINE 1: ...ter table
> rag_group_subscription alter column drop not null;
> psql:300-to-310-migration.sql:49:
>
> This error seems to have no further consequences. Roller run's fine.

There was a bug in the way we were dropping the "not null" requirement
for column ID w/PostgreSQL. If you plan on testing Roller's built in
Planet aggregator you'll need this:

    alter table rag_group_subscription drop constraint
"rag_group_subscription_pkey";
    alter table rag_group_subscription  alter column id drop not null;

This fix will be in 3.1 RC3

- Dave

Re: Problems with Roller 3.1 RC2

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Robert. That one is one the list:
http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Edit.jsp?page=Roller31Testing

- Dave

Posted by RW <ro...@tauceti.net>.
Hi!