Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <GG...@seagullsoftware.com> on 2008/01/10 10:09:58 UTC

[all] project.xml name element inconsistency

Hello all:

I am seeing two types of names in project.xml name elements. For a project "Foo":

- Foo
- Commons Foo

Can we standardize one pattern for all [commons] projects?

Current examples:

Codec (SVN)
Commons Pool (SVN)
FileUpload (1.2.1 rc3)
IO (SVN)
Lang (SVN)

Over the two, I would pick "Commons Foo".

In project.xml there is no slot for a container project like "Commons". When I build a list of projects based on the names, the missing  "Commons" prefix messes up the order.

Thanks,
Gary

Re: [all] project.xml name element inconsistency

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 1/10/08, Gary Gregory <GG...@seagullsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I am seeing two types of names in project.xml name elements. For a project "Foo":
>
> - Foo
> - Commons Foo
>
> Can we standardize one pattern for all [commons] projects?
>
> Current examples:
>
> Codec (SVN)
> Commons Pool (SVN)
> FileUpload (1.2.1 rc3)
> IO (SVN)
> Lang (SVN)
>
> Over the two, I would pick "Commons Foo".

<snip/>

Me too.

-Rahul