Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sadananda Hegde <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/26 19:51:29 UTC

Setting auxpath in Hue/Beeswax

Hello,

I have copied jar file into /usr/lib/hive/lib folder on all the nodes. I am
able to use it on Hive CLI with the command

hive --auxpath /usr/lib/hive/lib/<jarfile>

Then I am able to run my Hive SQLs successfully.

But the same queries fail to  run in Hue/Beeswax. It's not finding the jar
file.

I tried setting hive.aux.jars.path property in hive-site.xml on all nodes.
I have also tried setting that property in  Beeswax Server Hive
Configuration Safety Valve of Cloudera Manager. But still not able to
resolve the issue.

How do I make it work in Hue / Beeswax? Is there a way to set the --auxpath
there?

I am running hive 0.7.1 on CDH3U5 ( hue-1.2.0.0+114.35-1)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sadu Hegde
*
*

Re: Setting auxpath in Hue/Beeswax

Posted by Shreepadma Venugopalan <sh...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Sadu,

Can you please post this on the CDH forum?

Thanks.
Shreepadma

Posted by "Connell, Chuck" <Ch...@nuance.com>.
I believe there are some free Cloudera discussion boards/lists. Standard Cloudera support is a paid service.

Chuck Connell
Nuance R&D Data Team
Burlington, MA

Thanks, Edward,  I will contact Cloudera support then.

Sadu
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>> wrote:
You are looking for support in the wrong place. Beeswacks is not a part of hive thus only the cloudera folks will support it.

Posted by Sadananda Hegde <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.