Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/07 00:01:14 UTC

Listing support company on the site

Hello,

I would like to list our company on the Guacamole site, under
commercial support.

Based on the previous discussions, I am sending the needed information:

- Logo: attached
- Blurb: "Professional support, solutions, and personalize
functionalities for Apache Guacamole. ITEN provides seamless
integration of Apache Guacamole within enterprise and creation of the
solution fully tailored to the client's needs. Analysis of the
client's needs, consultancy, and recommendation about Guacamole usage
and development."

Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Regards,
Marko

Re: Listing support company on the site

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 6:29 PM Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to list our company on the Guacamole site, under
> commercial support.
>
> Based on the previous discussions, I am sending the needed information:
>
> - Logo: attached
> - Blurb: "Professional support, solutions, and personalize
> functionalities for Apache Guacamole. ITEN provides seamless
> integration of Apache Guacamole within enterprise and creation of the
> solution fully tailored to the client's needs. Analysis of the
> client's needs, consultancy, and recommendation about Guacamole usage
> and development."
>
> Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Hi Marko,

I've created a draft pull request for adding the above:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-website/pull/79

Before moving forward with adding the listing, I think additional changes
are needed. Overall:

* The blurb is less neutral/factual than those we have accepted in the
past, quantifying services provided with subjective terms like "seamless",
"fully tailored", etc. It would be better if the blurb were kept as neutral
and factual as possible. The blurb should also be a readable description
(ie: a paragraph made up of sentences). I don't think the blurb should be a
list of keywords, followed by a description, followed by another list of
keywords. It should be a factual description.
* The provided URL is a generic landing page for your outsourcing services,
not specifically services related to Apache Guacamole. As you have a
different page which is specific to Apache Guacamole, that page may be more
appropriate.
* The page on your website specific to Apache Guacamole (
https://rdesktop.iten.rs/) states that you are "certified experts for
Apache Guacamole". **This must be changed or removed.** There is no Apache
Guacamole certification program, and the Apache Guacamole project and
community does not endorse the services or expertise of any company.

Thanks,

- Mike