Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Spartanicus <sp...@ntlworld.ie> on 2006/10/24 09:12:09 UTC

[users@httpd] "Options Indexes" in specified directories only

The web document dir structure on my local dev machine is something like
this:

Document root
    |- site one
    |- site two
    |- site three
    |- test

I want "Options Indexes" for the "Document root" and "test" folder, not
for the other folders and without having to specify a config to disable
Indexes in "site one, site two, etc." so that I don't have to worry
about Indexes being enabled by default if I add a "site four".

What is the best way to do this?

I thought about using a regex to target subdirs of my document root to
specify "Options -Indexes", but since Directory containers using a regex
are evaluated last afaics this doesn't allow me to enable Indexes for
"test".

--
Spartanicus

(email whitelist in use, non list-server mail will not be seen)

Re: [users@httpd] "Options Indexes" in specified directories only

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 10/24/06, Spartanicus <sp...@ntlworld.ie> wrote:
> The web document dir structure on my local dev machine is something like
> this:
>
> Document root
>     |- site one
>     |- site two
>     |- site three
>     |- test
>
> I want "Options Indexes" for the "Document root" and "test" folder, not
> for the other folders and without having to specify a config to disable
> Indexes in "site one, site two, etc." so that I don't have to worry
> about Indexes being enabled by default if I add a "site four".
>
> What is the best way to do this?

I haven't tried it but does this help?
<Directory /var/www>
 Options +Indexes