Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/24 19:19:09 UTC

Re: [JPackage-discuss] James & Apache-DS, was Tomcat Jpackage

Wow - Awesome!

I'm cross posting this on the Directory dev list.

I know Emmanuel is very excited about this as well.

I'll have a look at the dependencies ASAP.  I'm still
reading the Tomcat RPM to make sure I understand the
JPackage process, FHS layout, relinking, etc.

My long term goal is to have a Mojo (Maven Pojo) that
understands the JPackage RPM standards and generates a
compliant RPM.  That way Tomcat,
James, and ADS, as well as other Apache projects can
just plug it in and have the JPackage automatically
generated.

Thanks again for letting us know.  I'm certain the
whole directory team is going to love this.

Cheers,
- Ole

http://mail.yahoo.com