Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/07 18:13:15 UTC

Cleaning up old version in dist

Apache asks that we keep at most 2 current versions in dist, to minimize
the space we take up on distribution mirrors.  Since we are running
multiple lines and a have a couple of separately releasable modules we'll
have more than 2 versions there.  But we have old versions of Hive 2 (2.1,
2.2) and of the storage-api (2.4, 2.5).  I think we should remove these.
That will leave us with the most up to date versions of Hive 1, 2, 3, the
storage api, and the standalone metastore.  Note that this does not affect
their availability in maven central or the apache archive.

Alan.

Re: Cleaning up old version in dist

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
I removed Hive 2.1.1, 2.2.0, and storage-api-2.5.0.  I left 1.2.2 since
some people are still using Hive version 1.  I did remove the stable link
to 1.2.2 as we don't want users to think 1.2.2 is our last stable version.
There is a stable-2 link pointing to 2.3.3, which I left.  I assume once we
have a stable version of 3 (3.1?) we'll create a stable-3 link that points
to it.

Alan.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@gmail.com>.