Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by becam <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/28 12:59:11 UTC

Cannog loggin soap messages in client side

In a standard eclipse java project where is the correct location of cxf.xml
config file? I'm trying to enable soap messages logging on a stand alone jar
format client ws consumer. Produced artifacts with wsdltojava utility and
using the autogenerated starting point test client it works really fine.
I created config file as per documentation but in my consolle i don't see
anything going on.
this is the my cxf.xml file content:

       xmlns:cxf="http://cxf.apache.org/core"
      xsi:schemaLocation="
http://cxf.apache.org/core http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/core.xsd
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd">

<bean id="abstractLoggingInterceptor" abstract="true">
    <property name="prettyLogging" value="true"/>
</bean>
<bean id="loggingInInterceptor"
class="org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingInInterceptor"
parent="abstractLoggingInterceptor"/>
<bean id="loggingOutInterceptor"
class="org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingOutInterceptor"
parent="abstractLoggingInterceptor"/>

<cxf:bus>
    <cxf:inInterceptors>
        <ref bean="loggingInInterceptor"/>
    </cxf:inInterceptors>
    <cxf:outInterceptors>
        <ref bean="loggingOutInterceptor"/>
    </cxf:outInterceptors>
    <cxf:outFaultInterceptors>
        <ref bean="loggingOutInterceptor"/>
    </cxf:outFaultInterceptors>
    <cxf:inFaultInterceptors>
        <ref bean="loggingInInterceptor"/>
    </cxf:inFaultInterceptors>
</cxf:bus>

</beans>

I tried to put it in project root and under src but nothing. What I'm
missing?

Thanks!!!

Re: Cannog loggin soap messages in client side

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.
can you zip up your project and send to me I will take a look and see if I
can help.

Include your test case or main java class as well

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Posted by becam <ro...@gmail.com>.
jasonmpell wrote
> This was cxf wsdl 2 java? Because you might not even be using cxf. By
> default I think wsdl2java generated clients can use java 6 jaxws built in.

I think you are right! I did it exactly in this way. Downloaded cxf and I
used his utility wsdl2java to generate the stub and developed my application
based on his autogenerated client.
So maybe I'm not using CXF at all... right?!?

Re: Cannog loggin soap messages in client side

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.
Ok I think I misunderstood your problem.

Is eclipse excluding all but *.java files in the src directory maybe? Check
the project properties.

In your client code see if you can load it yourself with code like

InputStream is = getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("cxf.xml");

Make sure is is not null.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 29/10/2012 8:18 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:
> From what I was reading (and it may have been a mis-read), the user
> wasn't using Maven at all--no pom.xml, nothing.  For newcomers to
> Maven, I always recommend first learning via command-line window (mvn
> clean install, whatever), and then if desired graduating to Eclipse
> m2e plugin (tho I'm happy with the command-line window). I.e., no
> calculator until you first memorize your multiplication table.  :)
Another old guy like me!
I am not sure that the younger generation is aware of the existence of
manual methods of doing multiplication!
Division is certainly done by magic if you don't have a calculaor!

Our team went straight to Maven within Eclipse but that was at least
partially due to the fact that we had an experienced mentor when we
started and it was easier for him to set up a template for our POMs with
the Spring and other dependencies included than it was to teach us how
to use Maven.
We just had to point at the POM in Eclipse and right click and pick the
right build type from the list. That was something that we could handle.

I am not sure that all of our team had actually ever seen a Command
window on a PC.

Ron

> Glen
>
> On 10/29/2012 08:09 AM, Ron Wheeler wrote:
>> I am hesitant to disagree with Glen since he has a lot more
>> experience than I do.
>> I can only say that we have had a comfortable development experience
>> with CXF using the STS version of Eclipse from Springsource that
>> comes with Maven already integrated into the package along with
>> everything else you need to do Java development.
>> The integration with Maven works very well and we launch our Maven
>> builds and units tests within the Eclipse environment.
>> We have used it do develop webapps and Java batch applications that
>> use CXF and Spring without very much fuss.
>>
>> Spring is a fantastic tool for structuring Java applications and is
>> well worth the learning curve.
>> I am sure that you will find lots of examples that relate to your
>> Java application.
>> There are also a lot of good books on Spring.
>>
>> Spring is probably not mandatory but you will probably find more
>> examples with Spring and CXF than with only CXF.
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> On 29/10/2012 7:45 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:
>>> I'd recommend using Maven for your builds, relegating Eclipse to
>>> purely a text editor.  Web services are easy/pleasant way to become
>>> familiar with this very useful tool if you aren't yet.  My web
>>> service tutorial (which includes logging in the pom.xml) is here:
>>> http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/soap_client_tutorial.
>>>
>>> Don't worry too much about whether what you're learning is Spring or
>>> not; it's all Java code, you have to learn something here in order
>>> to do something, and at least with the former you're picking up
>>> something used in many other places.  For my Apache Roller-based
>>> blog, I had to learn some strange templating language in order to do
>>> the right-side menu items, it was only much later I realized that
>>> "strange templating language" was just Apache Velocity.  Cool!  I
>>> learned a portable skill...
>>>
>>> Glen

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com
skype: ronaldmwheeler
phone: 866-970-2435, ext 102

Re: Cannog loggin soap messages in client side

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
 From what I was reading (and it may have been a mis-read), the user
> [...]

>>>      port = ss.getmyendpointPortTypeEndpointHttpsM();
>>>

>>> }
>>>
>>>      public DeleteMarkedStatusResponse
>>> do_DeleteMarkedStatus(DeleteMarkedStatusRequest
>>> _deleteMarkedStatus_body)
>>> throws java.lang.Exception
>>>      {
>>>      System.out.println("Invoking deleteMarkedStatus...");
>>>      javax.xml.ws.Holder<HeaderType> _header = this.HeaderFarm();
>>>      DeleteMarkedStatusResponse _deleteMarkedStatus__return =
>>> port.deleteMarkedStatus(_deleteMarkedStatus_body, _header);
>>>      System.out.println("deleteMarkedStatus.result=" +
>>> _deleteMarkedStatus__return);
>>>      return _deleteMarkedStatus__return;
>>>

>>>      }
>>>
>>> looking at xcf don't seems that is mandatory use spring... Anyway I
>>> tried
>>> different configurations but still not able to log soap messages.

Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza

Re: Cannog loggin soap messages in client side

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

Posted by becam <ro...@gmail.com>.
here the link
[...]

What docs are you referring to ? Can you provide url

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
If you don't want to use spring, you can do it programaticaly via something like:

Client cl = ClientProxy.getClient(proxy);
cl.getOutInterceptors().add(new LoggingOutInterceptor());
cl.getInInterceptors().add(new LoggingInInterceptor());
..

Dan

On Oct 28, 2012, at 6:04 PM, becam <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> jasonmpell wrote
>> This is actually a spring context so you need to enable spring in your and
>> point at your spring context
>
> Hello, and thanks for your help! But as i'm a newby in java I thought that
> wasn't necessary any spring knowledge to use cxf. In the documentatation  I
> read/:
> "If you are new to Spring or do not desire to learn more about it, don't
> worry, you won't have to. The only piece of Spring that you will see is the
> <beans> element outlined above. Simply create this file, place it on your
> classpath, and add the configuration for a component you wish to configure"/
>
> So what do you mean with /"you need to enable spring in your and
> point at your spring context"/
>
> Thanks!

Daniel Kulp

Re: Cannog loggin soap messages in client side

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.
I have never used cxf without spring so I can't say. But if this is a web
app you can add a spring context listener to web.xml and reference the
cxf.xml you created.

Someone else will have to advise how to do this without spring

Do a google search for spring from webapp to learn how to load the spring
context

Sent from my Galaxy S2
On Oct 29, 2012 9:04 AM, "becam" <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> jasonmpell wrote
> > This is actually a spring context so you need to enable spring in your
> and
> > point at your spring context
>
> Hello, and thanks for your help! But as i'm a newby in java I thought that
> wasn't necessary any spring knowledge to use cxf. In the documentatation  I
> read/:
> "If you are new to Spring or do not desire to learn more about it, don't
> worry, you won't have to. The only piece of Spring that you will see is the
> <beans> element outlined above. Simply create this file, place it on your
> classpath, and add the configuration for a component you wish to
> configure"/
>
> So what do you mean with /"you need to enable spring in your and
> point at your spring context"/
>
> Thanks!

Re: Cannog loggin soap messages in client side

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.
Also I missed a word in my first response. I meant to say ...
You need to enable spring in your project

Posted by becam <ro...@gmail.com>.
jasonmpell wrote