Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/07 18:28:56 UTC

Time for bi-weekly Arrow sync

The sync call today was at 16:00 UTC which which is an hour that works
decently well for developers in North/South America and Europe, but
it's a bit late for Asia (12am in Shanghai, 1am in Tokyo).

It would be good to have a standing biweekly meeting. I would suggest
we try the 16:00 time and if we have more developers joining from Asia
that we consider going to 15:00 (which is 7am in California for part
of the year, so a bit early but still doable). Does that work for
everyone?

What day of the week is best for everyone? Parquet has been having
sync calls on Wednesdays. We could do Thursdays every 2 weeks?

By this logic the next sync would be 21 September at 16:00. My
schedule is flexible so if there is a better day or time let me know.

- Wes

Re: Time for bi-weekly Arrow sync

Posted by Heimir Sverrisson <he...@mojotech.com>.
Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC is fine for me too.
Thanks for organizing!

Posted by Li Jin <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.