Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com> on 2005/11/14 10:47:09 UTC

[m2] Deploying snapshot artifact to m1 repository like

Hi,
I am started to migrate to m2 with simple artifact type (jar).
But some others applications use m1 repository like.
Then I want to deploy a snapshot build with mvn to a m1 repository.
I have defined the following in my pom.xml :

<repository>
<id>M1-REPO</id>
<name>repository maven 1</name>
<url>file:///local/maven/maven-repository/repository</url>
<layout>legacy</layout>
</repository>

I want to deploy a SNAPSHOT (<version>SNAPSHOT</version>).

But in the m1 repository, I don't have  :
/local/maven/maven-repository/repository/${groupId}/${artifactId}-SNAPSH
OT.jar
As you know, this the way used by m1 to retrieve artifact's SNAPSHOT.

An other question is how to deploy to 2 repositories : m1 like and a m2
?
I can't defined more than one repository in the distributionManagement
element.

Thanks,
- Olivier

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle ils sont adresses. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer a son emetteur et de le detruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressement autorisees de ce message, sont interdites.

Re: RE : RE : RE : [m2] Deploying snapshot artifact to m1 repository like

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
There is both an install and deploy goal - both need to be bound. See
the docs on the second link.

- Brett

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com>.
It works fine.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
The repository is:

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com>.
Great.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com>.
I try a solution with using profiles :

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>m1-profile</id>
      <distributionManagement>
        <repository>
          <id>M1-REPO</id>
          <name>repository maven 1</name>
          <url>file:///local/maven/maven-repository/repository</url>
          <layout>legacy</layout>
        </repository>
        <snapshotRepository>
          <id>M1-REPO</id>
          <name>repository maven 1</name>
          <url>file:///local/maven/maven-repository/repository</url>
          <layout>legacy</layout>
        </snapshotRepository>
      </distributionManagement>
    </profile>

    <profile>
      <id>m2-profile</id>
      <distributionManagement>
        <repository>
          <id>M2-REPO</id>
          <name>repository maven 2</name>
          <url>file:///local/maven/maven2-repository/repository</url>
        </repository>
        <snapshotRepository>
          <id>M2-REPO</id>
          <name>repository maven 2</name>
          <url>file:///local/maven/maven2-repository/repository</url>
        </snapshotRepository>
      </distributionManagement>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

I try with the cli : mvn -P m2-profile,m1-profile jar:jar deploy:deploy
The snapshot is deployed in M1-REPO but not in M2-REPO. But it's
deployed in localRepository defined in$HOME/.m2/settings.xml

Is there any way to defined more than distributionManagement/repository
?

Thanks,
- Olivier