Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by James James <re...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/09 15:50:41 UTC

mahout-0.2 release test case failed

Thanks again, Sean! We run Maven on linux and this time we only got one test failed. It is a clustering test. The error message is included below. Has anybody else run into the same error before?

Thanks

Test set: org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.TestKmeansClustering
Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 11.561 sec <<< FAILURE!
testKMeansMRJob(org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.TestKmeansClustering)  Time elapsed: 10.447 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: clusters[3] expected:<4> but was:<2>
            at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:280)
            at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
            at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:198)
            at org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.TestKmeansClustering.testKMeansMRJob(TestKmeansClustering.java:423)

________________________________
Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:50 AM, James James <re...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Thanks again, Sean! We run Maven on linux and this time we only got one
> test failed. It is a clustering test. The error message is included below.
> Has anybody else run into the same error before?

James,

I haven't run into the problem, but if you want to try the build without the
unit tests, you can run

mvn clean install -DskipTests=true

Re: mahout-0.2 release test case failed

Posted by James James <re...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, Sean. I run it again, and the error is reproducible as I got exactly the same error.

Thanks,

James

That's odd, I'm sure the tests passed at time of release since we
couldn't proceed without it.

I *think* you can more or less safely ignore it, but, wondering at the
difference. It could be due to some differences in random number
generation -- which would be a bug since the unit tests ought to use
the same RNG each time. Is it reproducible?

I don't see this in head, FWIW.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.