Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by pratpor <pr...@chatimity.com> on 2014/02/27 07:44:22 UTC

Know indexing time of a document

Is it possible to know the indexing time of a document in solr. Like there is
a implicit field for "score" which automatically gets added to a document,
is there a field that stores value of indexing time?

Thanks

Re: Know indexing time of a document

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Problem here is, I have indexed a huge amount of data into solr in
: production. It would be a pain to edit the schema file and re-index all the
: values.

There's not much you can do about it in an already built index -- if the
field doesn't exist, it doesn't exist.  Nothing magically/secretly keeps
track of when every doc was indexed.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: Know indexing time of a document

Posted by pratpor <pr...@chatimity.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
None that I know of, but you can easily have a date field with default
set to NOW. Or you can have an UpdateRequestProcessor that adds it in:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_6_1/solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/TimestampUpdateProcessorFactory.html

Regards,
   Alex
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)

Posted by pratpor <pr...@chatimity.com>.
I didn't know of the default parameter. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Know indexing time of a document

Posted by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com>.
you could just add a field with default value NOW in schema.xml, for example

  <field name="dateLastIndexed" type="tdate" indexed="true" stored="true"
default="NOW" multiValued="false"/>