Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Len Takeuchi <lt...@salescentrix.com> on 2002/10/31 01:21:43 UTC

isolation of web services deployed on axis

Hello,

Is there any mechanism available in axis to achieve some level of isolation
between web service implementations?  If two web services depend on using
different versions of classes with the same name how can each web service
get the right version, given that the implementations go in the classes or
lib directory of the axis web application.  What I'm looking for is
something like the way each web application deployed on a servlet engine
gets its own classloading space.

Regards,
Len Takeuchi

Re: isolation of web services deployed on axis

Posted by Francisco Andrades Grassi <bi...@nextj.com>.
Greetings,

I believe (I might be wrong) there is no easy way to achieve this. One
workaround (if you are using tomcat) would be to create multiples
services in server.xml, each one having its own webapp/axis tree. Yo
could use simlinks to avoid copying all the classes over.

That way you can have multiple axis services listening in different
ports, each of wich should have its own set of classes.

Maybe someone will correct me if there is an easiest way?

Regards
Francisco Andrades Grassi
www.NextJ.com

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> Is there any mechanism available in axis to achieve some level of
isolation
> between web service implementations?  If two web services depend on using
> different versions of classes with the same name how can each web service
> get the right version, given that the implementations go in the classes or
> lib directory of the axis web application.  What I'm looking for is
> something like the way each web application deployed on a servlet engine
> gets its own classloading space.

the trick is to stop having multiple apps in the axis webapp, and move to
one webapp per app, each with the axis libs (and servlets in web.xml)