Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Nikolay Grebnev <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/03 22:41:01 UTC

dead node

Hello

I am testing Hadoop DFS cluster and when I turn off one of my datanode
all the cluster stops answering requests.
Hadoop version 0.19.0  with default configuration.

How can I configure the cluster to prevent it?

Nik

Re: dead node

Posted by lohit <lo...@yahoo.com>.
I should have said does *not*stop whole cluster.

Can you explain the steps you did. Was NameNode/JobTracker running on the node where datanode ran.
In a cluster with more than one node stopping one datanode does stop whole cluster.
Thanks,
Lohit

Re: dead node