Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Eya Badal Abdisho <ey...@bitnine.net> on 2020/01/10 17:34:05 UTC

New Proposal Help

Hello there,

This is Eya Badal, I would appreciate your time if you can guide me on some
steps. I am trying to create a proposal and I found out that I need to have
a champion and two mentors. I was wondering how should I find those people
and ask them to my mentors and champion?

I tried to send a thread in general@incubator to seek some information but
I had no luck so I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me.

In addition, I created an account on cwiki and I want to request to
edit/write permission to create m proposal over there.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Best Regards,

--

Bitnine Global, Inc. - We create value for our clients by connecting the
world's data.

*Eya Badal Abdisho*

Technical Engineer

E-mail : eya.abdisho@bitnine.net <jo...@bitnine.net>

Mobile : +1 408-966-3301

3945 Freedom Cir., Suite 260,
Santa Clara, CA 95054

www.bitnine.net

Re: New Proposal Help

Posted by Eya Badal Abdisho <ey...@bitnine.net>.

On 2020/01/11 17:19:26, Dave Meikle <dm...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Eya,
>
> A good way if you don't have someone you know in the ASF to ask to be your
> champion is to draft a high level project proposal / share details about
> the project(s) you are proposing to incubate [1].
>
> Often there are potential mentors or champions who have a natural synergy
> with your project who volunteer when they know more.
>
> Is there a quick summary you can share with us?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201806.mbox/%3CD7402AF3.6893%25lide%40baidu.com%3E
>
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 22:49, Eya Badal Abdisho <ey...@bitnine.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello there,
> >
> > This is Eya Badal, I would appreciate your time if you can guide me on some
> > steps. I am trying to create a proposal and I found out that I need to have
> > a champion and two mentors. I was wondering how should I find those people
> > and ask them to my mentors and champion?
> >
> > I tried to send a thread in general@incubator to seek some information but
> > I had no luck so I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me.
> >
> > In addition, I created an account on cwiki and I want to request to
> > edit/write permission to create m proposal over there.
> >
> > I would appreciate any help on this matter.
> >
> > I look forward to hearing from you soon.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > --
> >
> > Bitnine Global, Inc. - We create value for our clients by connecting the
> > world's data.
> >

> > *Eya Badal Abdisho*
> >
> > Technical Engineer
> >
> > E-mail : eya.abdisho@bitnine.net <jo...@bitnine.net>
> >
> > Mobile : +1 408-966-3301
> >
> > 3945 Freedom Cir., Suite 260,
> > Santa Clara, CA 95054
> >
> > www.bitnine.net
> >
> Hello Dave,

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate your time. As you recommended we are drafting a high-level project proposal to share here.

Meantime as you requested please following find a quick summary of the AgensGraph Extension project:

"""We propose the AgensGraph Extension to the Apache foundation. AgensGraph Extension is to provide an extension for PostgreSQL to give the users the ability to leverage graph database on top of the existing relational database with minimal effort. The basic principle of the project is to create single storage that can handle both relational and graph model data so that the users can use the standard ANSI SQL along with openCypher (http://www.opencypher.org), the Graph query language. """

Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional information.

I look forward to hearing more recommendations from you.

Best regards,
Eya

Re: New Proposal Help

Posted by Dave Meikle <dm...@apache.org>.