Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mihran Shahinian <sl...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/19 17:25:04 UTC

Distributed Search component question

Hi all,
I have the following search components that I don't have a solution at the
moment to get them working in distributed mode on solr 4.10.4.

[standard query component]
[search component-1] (StageID - 2500):
 handleResponses: get few values from docs and populate parameters for
stats component and set some metadata in the ResponseBuilder
  rb.rsp.add("metadata", NamedList...)

distributedProcess:
   rb.doFacets=false;
   if (rb.stage > StageID)
      if( null == rb.rsp["metadata"] ) {
       return StageID;
   }
return component-2.StageID

[search component-2] (StageID - 2800):
distributedProcess:
   rb.doFacets=true;
   formatAndSet some facetParams based on rb.rsp["metadata"]
   return ResponseBuilder.STAGE_GET_FIELDS

[standard facet component]:

Things seem to work fine between component-1 and component-2, I just can't
prevent facets from running
until component-2 sets proper facet params. And than facet component sets
the rb._facetInfo to null. Should I move my logic in component-2 from
distributeProcess to handleResponses and modify ShardRequest and set
rb.addRequest?

Any hints are much appreciated.
Mihran