Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Robert Brosnan <ro...@epimorphic.com> on 2002/03/20 16:46:46 UTC

Passing Parameters at the Command Line

I'm running fop (0.20.3) at the command line and would like to be able
to pass it parameters much like I do with Xalan (testXSLT).  With
testXSLT, you can pass parameters with the following syntax:

testXSLT -in source.xml -xsl transform.xsl -param name "'value'"

I would like to be able to do the same with fop, but when I execute:

./fop.sh -xml source.xml -xsl transform.xsl -param name "'value'" -out
out.pdf

fop spits out the standard help screen and dies, claiming the renderer
hasn't been set.  I've tried various permutations of the invocation,
including changing the quoting scheme around the parameter's value,
though nothing changes the outcome.

Has anyone run into this situation before?  Know how I can pass
parameters?  Is it possible at this stage in FOP's development?

Thanks,
Rob

   Robert Keith Brosnan
   rob@epimorphic.com