Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raul Pacheco da Silva <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/13 18:17:49 UTC

manuals on OpenOffice

Good morning, I am a simple end user and fan of this software and am not
very good thing in these licenses, and would assist the project with the
translation of manuals as I did with the LO, manuals found on this page of
the wiki:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT

I saw that these manuals are under the GNU

"
ThisDocument is excellant Copyright © 2005-2010 by the contributors listed
below. You may distributeit and / or modify it under the terms of the GNU
General PublicLicense Either (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html), version
3 or later, or the Creative Commons Attribution License (http:// /
creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0 /), version 3.0 or later.

Within this guide Alltrademarks Belong To Their legitimate owners. "

and footer

"You can download
an editable version of this document from
http://oooauthors.org/english/userguide3/published/ "

are showing that these documents OOOautohrs

We can make some indication in this direction and use the license at the end of
the Apache Incubator

"Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
You may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may Obtain a copy of the License at

Unless required by Applicable law or Agreed to in writing, software
Warranties WITHOUT OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, express or implied Either.
limitations under the License. "

Well if someone can help me, thank you and the same can be done in other
languages ​​with respect to manual.
Desfazer edições
--
Raul Pacheco da Silva

Fone (11) 8536-6340
Skipe: raulpachecodasilva
Messenger: rps_8@hotmail.com
Suzano - SP

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
(sorry for top posting)
Well, theres a lot to do ...

In the past we spend some time discussing if we should
keep using MW or move everything to CWiki. It seems like
infra@ is OK with having both but perhaps we should define
better how each will be used.

I guess you guys could start be removing all the outdated
information.

Next we need an inventory of the valuable information and
some migration plan to make clear how new information is
under ALv2.

Pedro.

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>.

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by Raul Pacheco da Silva <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pedro,

--
Raul Pacheco da Silva

Fone (11) 8536-6340
Skipe: raulpachecodasilva
Messenger: rps_8@hotmail.com
Suzano - SP

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hello Raul;

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by tj <tj...@apache.org>.
On 5/14/2012 08:40, Paulo de Souza Lima wrote:
> 2012/5/14 Jingbai<ji...@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi Paulo:
>>

> Hi!
>

>> Guess you have already Joined the ODFAuthor Mailing list.
>>

> I'm not sure. I feel like an extreme rookie here =) Can you tell me where
> can I subscribe?

Start here: <http://www.odfauthors.org/openoffice.org/english>
and navigate as you please (other languages, LO, ...).
HTH
/tj/

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>.
2012/5/14 Jingbai <ji...@gmail.com>

> Hi Paulo:

Hi!

> Guess you have already Joined the ODFAuthor Mailing list.

I'm not sure. I feel like an extreme rookie here =) Can you tell me where
can I subscribe?

> I think the articles on MediaWiki are very helpful. Here is an example:
> to demonstrate the needed features to write formulas and insert graphics.
> insert graphics.
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_CHISQDIST_function
> We also would like to contribute some articles like hints and tips for AOO
> on the mediawiki.

Indeed. I've been using those Mediawiki features a lot.

> Hope this can help.
> Betsy Bai

Thanks

--
Paulo de Souza Lima

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by Jingbai <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paulo:
Guess you have already Joined the ODFAuthor Mailing list.
I think the articles on MediaWiki are very helpful. Here is an example:
to demonstrate the needed features to write formulas and insert graphics.
insert graphics.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_CHISQDIST_function
We also would like to contribute some articles like hints and tips for AOO on the mediawiki.

Hope this can help.
Betsy Bai

Sent from my iPhone

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>.

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>.
2012/5/13 Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>

> Raul Pacheco da Silva wrote:
>
>> http://wiki.services.**openoffice.org/wiki/**Documentation/OOo3_User_**
>> Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT>
>> I saw that these manuals are under the GNU ...
>> are showing that these documents OOOautohrs
>> We can make some indication in this direction and use the license at the
>> end of
>> the Apache Incubator
>>

> I don't completely understand what you mean (and of course I am not a
> lawyer), but if you mean that you translated the OOoAuthors documentation
> and you would like to relicense your translation under the Apache license,
> this is not possible nor necessary:
>
> - not possible because translation counts as derived work, so it inherits
> the GPL[+CC-BY] license and you can't change it unless the English version
> changes its license too.
>
> - not necessary because these guides have never been included in a release
> of OpenOffice and are not officially part of the project, and these would
> be the cases where license incompatibility matters. So if you wish to
> update/translate them, nothing changed due to the OpenOffice codebase
> license change.
>
> Regards,
>  Andrea.

Ok.
Raul and me worked on translating LibO documentation to Pt-BR. Now we wish
to do the same for AOO, but there's no documentation available under Apache
license.

Our doubt is: The manuals will be kept under GNU License or should we wait
for further discussions in order to define this issue?

This issue don't impact the translation itself, but it impact publication
of the new translated documents. So, I think we can do that with the old
OOo 3.3 docs, but we don't know how to proceed on new documentation on AOO
3.4

Rgds.

Re: manuals on OpenOffice

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.