Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yan Kanai <yk...@vanilla.freemail.ne.jp> on 2004/09/12 12:46:11 UTC

Cannot see external css file

I'm Kanai in Japan.

I am trying to integrate Tomcat 4.1.30 and Apache 2.0.49 with jk2
connector(ver 2.0.4) on Windows XP SP1 PC, but cannot see external css file.

When I see html file referring css file on tomcat directly, tomcat can find
css file. But when I see html file through Apache, apache cannot find css
file.

I find below error message in the error.log of apache.

[Sun Sep 12 19:05:37 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/examples/style/atomic.css

I put atomic.css on above folder, but apache cannnot find css file.

I attached test program and setting files.

  testcss.html --- please put on %TOMCAT_HOME%webapps\examples
  atomic.css   --- please put on %TOMCAT_HOME%webapps\examples\style
  workers2.properties --- This is jk2 setting file.

If you access http://localhost:8080/examples/testcss.html, you can see web
page that backgroud color is blue. But if you
http://localhost/examples/testcss.html, you can see web page with white
background.

Please let me know how to setup tomcat and apache in order to see external
css file.

---- testcss.html ----

<head>
<title>Style Sheet Test</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="./style/atomic.css" type="text/css" media="screen">
</head>

---- style/atomic.css ----

body { padding: 1em 5%;
    background: #ccf }
p { margin: 0.5em 0;
    padding: 1em;
    text-indent: 1em;
    line-height: 1.5;
    background: #eef;
    font-size:20pt }

---- workers2.properties ----

# log file
[logger.file:0]
level=ERROR
file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.log

# shared memory
[shm:]
disabled=1
#info=Scoreboard. Requried for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess servers.
#file=anon

# Defines a load balancer named lb. Use even if you only have one machine.
#[lb:lb]

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
#port=8009
#host=127.0.0.1

# define the worker
#[ajp13:localhost:8009]
#channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
#group=lb

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
## host=localhost
## port=8009
## group=lb

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the Tomcat examples
#group=lb

[uri:/tomcat-docs/*]
info=Map the Tomcat Docs
[uri:/scarab/style/*.css]
info=Map the Scarab CSS files
[uri:/scarab/*]
info=Map the Scarab

#[status:]
#info=Status worker, displays runtime information
[status:]
[uri:/jkstatus/*]
group=status:

#[uri:/jkstatus/*]